Patti's TEDxRainier talk has an inspiring message about how to Draw Your Future using guided imagery and the brain's ability to envision realities to change the world around you.
complex visuals that tell a story, show context, share large amounts of information all at once, promote systems thinking, build shared meaning, show details, themes and patterns, and activates creative thinking.
what talents and experiences do you bring into the process?
- A Whack on the Side of the Head. von Oech, Roger
- Directing the Story: Professional Storytelling and Storyboarding Techniques for Live Action and Animation. Glebas, Francis
- Drawing Solutions: How Visual Goal Setting Will Change Your Life. Patti Dobrowolski
- Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making, Second Edition. Kaner, Sam
- Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers. Gray, Dave, Sunni Brown, James Macanufo
- On the Origin of Stories: Evolution, Cognition, and Fiction. Boyd, Brian
- Picture your Business Strategy. Chopyak, Christine
- Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences. Duarte, Nancy
- Sketching User Experiences: Getting the Design Right and the Right Design. Buxton, Bill
- The Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures. Roam, Dan
- The Graphic Facilitator's Guide. Brandy Agerbeck
- The Sketchnote Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Visual Note Taking. Mike Rohde
- The Thinker's Toolkit: 14 Powerful Techniques for Problem Solving. Jones, Morgan D.
- Unfolding the Napkin: The Hands-On Method for Solving Complex Problems with Simple Pictures. Dan Roam
- Use Both Sides of Your Brain, Third Edition. Buzan, Tony
- Visual Leaders: New Tools for Visining, Management, and Organization Change. Sibbet, David
My colleagues have inspired me to make progress on the book. Here's a first revision of the table of contents:
See Your Ideas: A Guide To Crafting Strategic Visuals
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The power of strategic visuals
- What is a storymap?
- Beginning with the Blank Page
- Knowing Yourself
- Planning your Approach
- Following Footprints
- Gallery Walks
- Graphic Facilitation
- Traditional Facilitation and Graphic Recording
- Visual Templates
- Visual Triage
- Identifying Themes
- Finding Landmarks
- Red Thread
Marking the Way
- Sketching the Journey
- Refining the Path
- Creating the Map
Sharing the Journey
- Showing the Way
- Holding the Space
- Engaging the Audience
- Record and Replay
Pictures with a Brain is a guide to creating visual "storymaps:" sophisticated illustrations that on the one hand articulate intricate complexities but on the other hand are easy for anyone to create.Read More
Thanks to Diane Durand for encouraging me to visualize it first!